If you are using Airtel, Vodafone, Idea or any other telecom company right now but want to switch to Reliance Jio 4G without changing your phone number you can use MNP Porting service. Reliance Jio is giving unlimited 4G data for 3 month as Jio welcome offer and even after 31st December the normal prepaid and postpaid tariff plans of Jio are very attractive. So, you can just port your existing phone number to Jio and get all the benefits. In this post we will tell you How to Port your existing mobile number to Reliance Jio 4G SIM step by steps.
Generate an eight-digit Unique Porting Code (UPC) :–
- Step 1 → First of all, go to your SMS application of your phone.
- Step 2 → Type “PORT” >> “MOBILE-NUMBER” And send this Sms to 1900. Example :- Type PORT 9100191001 and send to 1900.
- Step 3→ Wait a Some minutes, Then You will Receive a Sms From 1901 Which Containing Your UPC CODE (Unique Porting Code).
- Step 4→Now, download MyJio app from Play Store and generate offer code to get free Reliance Jio 4G SIM.
- Step 5→ Visit your nearest Reliance Digital or Dx Mini store with your Unique Port Number.
- Step 6→Fill the Customer Application Form (CAF) with your porting code. Submit the all the required documents (Id proof, One passport size photograph & Last bill copy). The new Jio 4G SIM will take upto 7 Days to get activated.
Step 7→During the period of porting your number might be dead for about two hours before the Reliance Jio SIM gets activated. When your existing number starts showing ‘No Service’ it means your number is successfully ported to Reliance Jio 4G Services. Post-paid customers have the option of carrying forward their outstanding /pending bills to the new telecom circle, and prepaid customers can carry forward the talk-time amount existing on their number.