Reliance Jio has totally changed the telecom scenario in India with their attractive prepaid and postpaid 4G plans offering free voice calling. They are offering unlimited free 4G data for 3 months under Jio welcome offer. Many people have already got their Jio Sim cards. If you want to get a new Jio sim card for free check this post – How to get Jio Sim Card. We have already showed a comprehensive 4G speed test comparison between Jio, Airtel and Vodafone and Jio has surprised everyone. But still many users are not getting optimum download and upload speed on Jio 4G. In this post we will give you some tips and tricks to increase the Reliance Jio 4G speed upto 20 mbps and more.
First Setup proper APN settings for Jio 4G
- Go to the setting of your phone
- Click on More and select Mobile Networks.
- Now click on access point name of reliance jio sim
- At last click on menu from the corner of right hand side &
- Then, choose new apn.
- Now you have to do the following setting and finally click on save
Jio 4G Speed Increasing Settings
- Name – Earningdeal.in
- APN – jionet
- APN Type – Default
- Proxy – Not Set
- Port – Not Set
- Username – Not Set
- Password – Not Set
- Server – www.google.com
- MMSC – Not Set
- MMS proxy – Not Set
- MMS port – Not Set
- MCC – 405
- MNC – 857, 863 or 874
- Authentication type – Not Set
- APN Protocol – IPv4/IPv6
Now save above settings, then browse and start downloading big files to check how much speed you get.
Now before going to the methods to boost Reliance Jio 4G speed, let’s understand some basics of internet speed on smartphones.
There are 3 different LTE bands in INDIA which are described below –
- Band 40 – 2300Mhz
- Band 3 – 1800Mhz
- Band 5 – 850Mhz
These are in the order of High to Low speed.
Reliance Jio offers around 50mbps in band 40 – 2300Mhz, Approx 18-20mbps in Band 3 -1800Mhz and around 8-10mbps in band 5 -850Mhz. If your are moving and your device moves from the coverage area it will more likely to get on Band 5 – 850Mhz slowest of them.
So If you are getting slow Speed on reliance jio sim card, Then you are on Band 5 – 850Mhz. The only solution to get Higher speed is To disable the Band 5 – 850Mhz and Force your Smartphone to get Connected with the other two bands.
How to Disable Band 5 – 850 Mhz (only for MTK variant phone)
Before Starting make sure that your phone is on LTE mode. If your Phone have MTK variant then follow the steps given below to increase reliance jio speed-
Method 1 to increase Jio 4G speed
- At first Download MTK engineering mode and Install.
- Now open and Select MTK Setting.
- Then Select Band Mode.
- Now select Sim Slot where you inserted Jio Sim.
- After that Scroll down to LTE mode.
- Uncheck all the other Bands Except Band 40.
- Press Set Done!!
- Now you can enjoy High Speed
Note – We are not responsible for any kind of Loss do this at your own risk. If you don’t know much about android development and MTK then you can damage your Smartphone.
Method 2 to increase reliance jio speed
Increase reliance jio speed Using Snap VPN
- At first Download Snap VPN app from playstore.
- After downloading Install and Open the app
- Connect with all servers one by one.
- Download any file like movie, songs, video to check the speed of downloading.
- Select the server which gives you high speed
Method 3 to increase reliance jio speed using VPN Master
Download VPN master app from playstore.
- Now install and open the app.
- Connect with an Indian server. It will take 15 seconds to connect
- After connecting to Indian Server. Go back and Check the speed.
- Done!! Your Jio Speed will Increase.
- This Method will Increase only donwload Speed not surfing speed.
- Speed may be not Stable.
- It will not work on hotspot
- Sometimes server gets busy so Try after some time.
Method 4: Increase Reliance Jio Downloading Speed using UC Browser
- First of all download UC mini browser from here
- Now open UC browser and start downloading any apps, apk, videos or anything that you want to load
- Then, Pause download and open snap vpn
- Now connect it in india server
- Then, Resume the download file and check speed
If you still getting low speed then, again pause and this time connect snap vpn with Singapore. After following the above methods you should be able to increase your Reliance Jio 4G speed upto 20 mbps and more.