Reliance Jio chairman Mukesh Ambani held press conference today regarding some big announcements-
1. Jio now offers Jio Prime membership. This is available to current Jio subscribers as well as those who will come on the network before Happy New Year offer expires on March 31. It costs Rs 99 per year.
2. The Jio Prime Members will get access to special Jio data plan. This plan will cost Rs 303 per month for 1 year. It will give subscribers unlimited data, subjected to 1GB FUP per day for full 4G speed data. This means for Rs 303, or in other words for Rs 10 per day, you will get unlimited data. Of this unlimited data 30GB or 1GB per day will be at full 4G speed.
3. Jio now has over 100 million users. For nearly 170 days, Jio added 7 users per second.
4. Jio now has 60,000 employees and over 10 lakh retail partners. Jio also has 2X more 4G base stations compared to the combined capacity of all other Indian telecom operators and that Jio plans to double this in the coming months. That, according to Ambani, will help Jio cover 99 per cent population of India with Jio network.
5. Jio free services will end once the Jio Happy New Year offer ends on March 31. From April 1, Jio services will be paid.